About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Group Service Manager to join our Refrigeration team in London and Essex. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Group Service Manager is an integral part of this team, leading a team to deliver exceptional service to customer across the wider business. Working collaboratively with Group Maintenance Managers, the Group Service Manager helps ensures the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Delivering great standards across the estate.
- Putting community customer and colleague’s welfare at the heart of everything.
- Building effective relationships and communication across all functions and with key stakeholders.
- Delivering change across business areas to consistently deliver performance and improve productivity.
- Delivering great results with year on year improvement.
- Driving problem solving, identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Managing the workload and capacity of my team.
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Managing contractor’s performance on site to ensure first fix.
- Collaborating with the rest of the business to ensure the solutions are truly co-developed and owned at a local level.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- Effectively using the insight developed to shape strategic thinking and identifying potential opportunities.
- Being a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Management of remote teams
- Leadership and people management experience
- Commercial and business acumen
- Full UK driving licence
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Experience with a maintenance based management system such as: Verisae
- Capacity planning and resource management
- Delivering service and quality to agreed KPIs
Ideal additional skills include:
- Setting priorities
- Problem solving
- Experience of running a fast moving field based maintenance team
- Professional accreditation
- Ability to build and manage budgets
- Change management experience
- Time served for relevant discipline
- Health & Safety qualification IOSSH
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers. What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required