What are you going to do
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Training, Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
- To attend an induction and to have read and be fully conversant with the staff manuals, policies and procedures attached to this role.
- Take part in all Health and Safety related training.
- Take part in all Safeguarding and PREVENT training.
- Consult the risk assessments before each activity and excursion.
- Carry out risk assessments as directed
- Leisure Responsibilities
- To plan, organise and implement a range of appropriate activities during afternoon and evening sessions as directed.
- To actively encourage students to take part in the leisure programme by being positive and enthusiastic about the activities and excursions students are involved in.
- Take responsibility for excursions, ensuring you have planned sufficiently well to guide students and Group Leaders effectively and safely.
- Lead and guide students on excursions and walking tours, communicating with them in a way that is clear, informative and engaging,
- Develop materials for the leisure programme in liaison with the Centre Manager and Groups Manager
The Oxford English Centre's Expectations of All Staff
- To consistently ensure the welfare of our students remains paramount
- To be fully engage in the nature of the programme.
- To actively discourage students from engaging in improper behaviour, including sexual liaisons, bullying, rowdiness or any activity which could cause harm.
- To ensure proper discipline is maintained
- To address any student, International Group Leaders issues, complaints or suggestions by ensuring that the relevant members of staff are made aware.
- To act in a seemly and professional manner with all of agents, clients and staff and not to engage in any activity which may bring OEC into disrepute.
- To assist all students, International Group Leaders and Agents to derive the maximum benefit from the course.
- To dress in a manner commensurate with the role demanded of the position, any uniform supplied by is to be returned at the end of employment.
- To read and be fully conversant with all documentation, policies and procedures relating to role prior to the start of employment.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Principal, Centre Manager and Groups Manager.
- To carry out any additional duties as required by the business.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working pattern
- Professional Development
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- Educated to GCSE standard 5 A*-C grades (including English and Maths) or equivalent.
- Native English Speaker or native English level speaker
- Good knowledge of sports, arts and crafts, student activities
- Experience of leading or supervising sports/activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a client focused approach
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Confidence to take initiative and work autonomously
The Oxford English Centre is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all Young Learners articipating in our course. Please note that if you are successful at the interview stage all offers are subject to two references, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check and Police Check (if living abroad) that are considered satisfactory to OEC
*Job description correct as of December 2018
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College
- Working hours per week
- 5 - 25
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
£12.50 per hour
- Responsible for
- Social Programme Activities.
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required