Work in France this Spring!
American Village Camps in France runs camps from February to October, annually. We've been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France! They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 8 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working in a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe - all while having fun with the camper under your care.
Counselor Start dates:
British Village Camps are open from March to July, and again in
September & October. Counselor contracts vary between 4 and 8 weeks long.
See the 2019 start dates on our recruitment website. We have 2019 counselor
start dates in March, May, June, July, and September!
(Are you American or Canadian? We also hire for American-themed camps!)
2– 8 week contracts available starting March 28, 2019
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
We only seek
Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
- Required experience:
camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of British culture
- Know enough about British history and culture to brainstorm themed activities and skits.
- Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games,
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and
implementing it in the classroom!
Salary & Benefits
Apply to this unique work experience in rural France, working on a multi-cultural team and meeting people from all over France as well as Anglophone countries across the globe - all while having fun with the campers under your care.
- A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit.
- All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camp locations during his/her contract.
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location at camp, they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!