About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to a recruit an Operations Manager to work as part of our Technical Services team. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The Operations Manager leads Refrigeration and HVAC contracts management and supports in the delivery of legal legislation compliance within the Technical Service team to deliver an exceptional service and support to our customers across our retail stores. Working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance delivery in a safe and timely manner to all relevant standards.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Management of refrigeration and HVAC contracts which deliver maintenance across approximately 3500 retail outlets nationwide which covers the whole of the Tesco estate.
- Contract budget delivery, reviewing and implementing cost efficiency where possible, forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Providing regular contractor review sessions to ensure KPI’s are met consistently, deliver performance and improve productivity.
- Insuring our safety culture is implemented across external suppliers.
- Delivering great standards across the estate and ensuring compliance to all internal processes and policies are applicable to legislation.
- Supporting in developing and delivering an annual improvement plan.
- Ensure that the execution and close out of planned maintenance and reactive tasks is to a high professional standard.
- Provide a focal point for selected legal compliance for key stakeholders.
- Managing key relationships with key stakeholders including regular meeting and site visits.
- Managing relationships with key Property Managers from Engineering, Capital, Property and Safety teams to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service is delivered to Tesco standards and specifications.
- Support in developing and managing department annual maintenance budgets across all disciplines and delivering to agreed spend.
- As a custodian of H&S ensure the health and safety working environment, is maintained and reviewed, Tesco Maintenance health and safety policies and procedures for Tesco Maintenance colleagues and suppliers are implemented.
- Support in the review of the internal operation teams to improve service delivery, align to new standards and procedures while ensuring best value for money.
- Understand and deliver departmental reporting strategy, highlighting trend analysis in service delivery for key stakeholders.
- Building effective relationships and communication within all functions and across key stakeholders.
- Delivering great results with year on year improvement.
- Effectively support using insight to shape strategic thinking and identifying potential opportunities.
- Being a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Management of Contracts.
- Ability to build and manage budgets.
- Leadership and people management experience.
- Setting priorities.
- Problem solving.
- Previous management experience at this level.
Ideal additional skills include:
- Time served in an HVAC/ Refrigeration discipline
- Relevant City and Guilds level 3 trade certificate in a relevant discipline.
- ONC / NHC in an engineering discipline desirable
- Experience of FMCG
- Professional accreditation desirable.
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH/NEBOSH.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers. What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required