What are you going to do
As a Project Leader (Sandwich Student), you will be involved in:
- The programming and planning of each project.
- Writing Business Cases, which are used to gain financial approval.
- Ensuring that the scope of each project is clearly defined and reinforced.
- Identifying Risks and taking appropriate action to mitigate their impact.
- Working with the Commercial Services Directorate, you will be involved in the appointment of consultants and contractors for each project.
- Holding regular progress meetings, to ensure that each project is being delivered to its intended cost, quality and programme requirements and to stakeholder expectations.
- Project handover and providing relevant documentation.
What we offer
- Fixed term placement for 48 weeks starting Sep 2019.
- You will be able to make a genuine contribution to the success of Strategic Estates projects.
- You will be given the opportunity and responsibility to lead your own projects as well as assisting a Senior Project Leader in some of the major projects.
What we ask:
- You should be registered as a university student
- Studying towards a Building/Construction/Technical/Surveying/Engineering/Project Management related degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of how planning, prioritising, organising and problem solving activities contribute to the success of a project.
- Effective oral, written, graphic and presentation skills.
The deadline for applications is 4th March 2019 23:55.
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, University
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 38
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs, Temporary Full Time, Placements
- Salary indication
£19,672 Per Year
- Responsible for
- Leading and delivering a wide variety of refurbishment, conservation and construction related projects
- Type of Job
- Management, Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required