Please note you will be required to complete your training in Glasgow until our RDC opens in Eurocentral later in the year.
What will you do?
- Prepare a wide range of food samples in our test kitchen to mimic what our consumers would do in their own home i.e. following cooking instructions
- Cross departmental working including with our Buying team
- Managing the kitchen supplies
- Conducting food hygiene checks in our test kitchen
- Visiting Lidl stores to buy products for taste-testing. Driving to local stores is required.
- Working within the office assisting the Sensory team with general administrative tasks including data entry and processing of results
- Other ad hoc tasks
What will you need?
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef or similar role is essential
- Food Hygiene training is desirable, not essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- A passion for food and high quality
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
What do we offer?
- £9.10 – £9.87 per hour (subject to experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required