Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Role: UI Lead
Working Hours: 37.5
Job Purpose: Lead all UI design work across the UX&D team
- Responsible for the delivery of all UI design across all product and project areas. This means responsibility for all UI design activities, approaches and standards.
- Oversight and quality control of all UI design from other members of the team, with responsibility for ensuring all work meets agreed commercial and customer needs.
- Responsible for the development of standards for all UI work to maintain consistency and develop and improve overall quality.
- Shared responsibility (with other leads and the Head of UX) for the development and progression of the team as a whole, including mentoring and on-the-job training for other members of the team. This role is expected to provide leadership on UI design across the business.
- Responsible for evangelising the importance of design within the business, and the promotion and understanding of the value it can offer.
- Responsible for (with other leads and the Head of UX) the maintenance and development of the Digital design system.
Capabilities Profile – technical skills/knowledge, experience & track record.
- At least 7 years of commercial experience of digital UI design.
- At least 5 years commercial experience of digital UI design in e-commerce projects / environments. Candidates must be able to demonstrate not only use of tools, but understanding of theoretical concepts relating to interaction design.
- Experience of stakeholder management in commercially focused environments, and related ability to justify and provide evidence for design decisions.
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing, and designing for, design systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of basic technical concepts of web development, including as a minimum an understanding of mark up, CSS and Java script - their roles and limitations.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of previous leadership roles with oversight of other designers and leading work at a team level.
- Previous experience of working as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of designing mobile apps.
Closing date: 28 February 2019
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required