As an Assistant Restaurant Manager with KFC, you will assist the Restaurant General Manager in the day to day management and leadership of the team. You will supervise shifts to ensure that sales, profitability and standards are maximised and all Company policies and procedures are followed. You will proactively coach and support the team at all opportunities. Alongside your day to day role as an assistant manager, you will also work towards your Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship within the workplace.
Salary £21,500 - £25,000 (dependant on experience)
We are looking for someone with a pace of progression, breadth of exposure, tangible breakthrough results, ambition and a desire for career progression.
The Ideal candidate; will be an ambitious leader with a proven track record of:
• Driving sales growth
• Great passion and positive energy
• Strong retail management experience
• Positively impacting their business
• Commercial decision making successes
• Demonstrating a strong sales focus
• Understanding P&L
• Providing coaching and support to a diverse team
• Basic knowledge of disciplinary and grievance processes
• Fantastic people development
• Strong communication skills at all levels
Key role responsibilities:
• Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer
• Manage all customer complaints in line with company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach, where appropriate.
• Assist the RGM in rigorous completion of period restaurant evaluation Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
• Regularly review customer experience reports.
• Support and assist the RGM in follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
• Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to
• Consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
• Understand your local competition and assist your RGM in increasing visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
• Support and assist your RGM in Building Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
• Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and team leaders clear sales targets for every shift.
• Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
• Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
• Support and assist your RGM in maximizing the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food). Monitor daily, weekly and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
• Support and assist your RGM in the development of a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
• Actively utilize system reports and company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
• Assist the RGM in completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget
• Ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported
• Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained
• Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward hard work and achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
• Competitive salary
• 25% staff discount
• Quarterly, performance-related bonus
• Excellent career advancement opportunities
• Private health care
• Life assurance
• Pension contribution scheme
• Income protection scheme
• Enhanced maternity pay
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Increased holiday entitlement (dependent on years of service)
We are looking for someone who is personable, organised and motivated to complete their Hospitality Apprenticeship.
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full position
Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT
KFC is a brilliant company, full of incredible people. We make great food, and we care about how we do it. We don’t do things by halves at KFC. We come from Kentucky, and were founded by Colonel Harland Sanders. A real place, and a real person. We always strive to be as open, honest and responsible as possible. Trust and respect are of paramount importance in everything we do; from the way we deal with our partners, to the way we treat our colleagues and our guests. Where we come from, there’s saying: “There are no strangers. Only friends we haven’t yet met”. So our doors are always open to everyone, and our table always has a spare seat at it. That’s why we make buckets to share. We are as warm and welcoming to colleagues and guest as the Colonel was when he opened his kitchen to weary travellers all those years ago, and embody the spirit of Southern hospitality – albeit a modern take on it.
The map below displays the employer’s location, please check travel times before applying.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free