The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Dog Grooming Salon Manager - Multi Salon - Full Time (39 Hours)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We offer numerous in-house training courses which are designed to provide our Salon Managers with a broader skillset and keep you up to date with the latest trends, including a City and Guilds Level 3 introductory qualification which covers higher technical skills involved in grooming.
This is a Salon Manager - Multi Salon role and as a Salon Manager - Multi Salon you will be working in one of a number of stores within the Greater Belfast area. When recruiting for Salon Managers - Multi Salon, it is our intention that you'll complete a number of months in a Multi-Salon role but that you will eventually take responsibility for your own salon.
Reporting into the Area Manager your responsibilities will be as follows;
* As Salon Manager you will lead from the front. With a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and pamper your pet.
* You will be responsible for setting the standard of grooming within the salon and offering our customers a Pawsitively Outrageous Service throughout the salon.
* As Salon Manager you will drive business within the salon and you will deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming.
* Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
* You will be responsible for managing, motivating and training a small team of Stylists & Assistant Stylists.
* You will effectively manage and plan the team rotas as well as effectively managing the salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
* You will be responsible for any recruitment needs within the team.
* Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7.
* You'll have experience of working within a grooming environment.
* It is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
* It would be beneficial if you have a grooming related qualification.
* You'll also have either managed a team, ideally within a grooming environment, or be able to demonstrate your ability to manage a team.
* You will be commercially aware and understand the importance of driving salon sales.
* You will have experience of effectively managing a salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
* You'll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
* You'll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
* You'll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and proactive in your approach.
* It is essential that you have a current UK driver's license and access to your own vehicle
* Competitive Salary of up to £24,225 per annum, plus bonus.
* 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years of service.
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free