The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Strategy and Transformation Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
To fulfil our vision of becoming the leading pet care business in the world, we need a strong strategy & transformation capability and are therefore looking to hire a Strategy & Transformation Manager.
This role will report into the Group Head of Strategy & Transformation, and work closely to support the Group Executive team, and the leadership teams within our Retail and Vet businesses to define, execute, and monitor progress of the Group's strategic initiatives.
This role will have a wide remit spanning strategy formation to the implementation of our transformation - with an overall focus on helping the Group deliver its strategic plan.
* Assisting with the annual strategic planning process, including helping prepare the customer/client and competitive insights that are key inputs into our strategic choices
* Working collaboratively with the Group's leadership teams - across business units and functions - to execute and monitor progress on strategic initiatives - including, for example - providing 'SWAT-style' analytical support, assisting with the development/refinement of project plans, and coordinating the tracking of key milestones
* Completing high-quality ad-hoc strategic analysis on topics ranging from new business initiatives/M&A to performance improvement for existing businesses
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including financial modelling
* Excellent commercial instincts - a strong 'nose for value' - meaning the ability to identify the most powerful value creation levers and the activities required to pull those levers
* A strong 'bias to action' - with a track record of developing and delivering pragmatic, rather than theoretical solutions
* Ability to work effectively across teams and with all levels in the Group to drive execution - skilled at leading without formal authority
* Clear and up-front communicator - both written and verbal communication are based on facts, have clear recommendations (when appropriate) and drive decision-making/action
* Passion for our vision as a Group - to be the best pet care business in the world
* Unwavering commitment to our values and behaviours - including always putting pets first
* Qualification as an accountant
* 2-3 years of experience in professional services, including for example, management consulting or accountancy
* Experience using visualisation tools, such as Tableau, to drive insights from large data sets
* Experience managing third party market research vendors to produce analytical insights
* Salary up to £50,000 per annum
* 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
* The option to buy extra holidays
* An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
* An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one's 'fly the nest'!
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
* "Treats" benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
* Life assurance
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
* Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
* Free Car Parking
* Free Gym
* Values Awards
* Colleague of the Month Awards
* Cycle to Work Scheme
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free