About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to a recruit a National Maintenance Manager within Wastewater. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The National Maintenance Manager will lead a team of regional leaders to deliver a mix of proactive and reactive maintenance to create and maintain great store standards. Working efficiently and in a cost effective manner he will ensure an excellent standard of operational functionality and legal compliance that is integral to the role.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Provide a platform for all premises so that they are safe to work and shop.
- Leading and developing a team of 4 managers and 40 remote technicians inspiring great performance everyday through regular 121 and development conversations.
- Ensure that processes exist and are followed to ensure works are carried out in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Putting community, customer and colleague welfare at the heart of every decision made.
- Following the Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Great communication with the team and wider business.
- Driving problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Delivering an efficient and cost effective service by introducing and utilising Industry leading standards.
- Managing relationships with contractors for both planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks including ongoing performance management.
- Delivering non-negotiable great results whilst providing exceptional service and standards, demonstrating clear year on year cost and efficiency improvements.
- Delivery of an overall budget via controlling maintenance costs and budget planning relating to people, store and 3rd party expenditure.
- Delivering on the company KPI’s and supporting improvement where they are not achieved.
- Carrying out thorough store inspections to monitor the condition and upkeep of a portfolio of stores.
- Leading through change to improve capability and standards.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory safety regulations across our stores e.g. Waste Disposal, Water Regulations.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- People leadership and development with proven experience of leading through leaders.
- Experience in budget management.
- Proven contract management skills.
- Problem solving & influencing skills.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Setting priorities.
- Building internal and external networks.
- Change management.
- Time served for relevant discipline.
- Management of remote teams
- Ability to build and manage budgets
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH
- UK driving licence
- Microsoft office suite
Ideal additional skills include:
- NRSWA training – Chapter 8
- NVQ Level 4 in Plumbing
- NVQ Level 3 in Water Jetting
- CDM Regulations
- ACOP L8 Regulations
- CPC/Operator Licence Experience
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers. What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required