About the role
Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- I inspire and lead my team, supporting them to build highly motivated and capable colleagues to ‘Serve Britain’s Shoppers A Little Better Every day’.
- I trade my store to maximise sales and to grow the business.
- I coach my team to put customers and colleagues at the heart of what we do.
- I develop and maintain a culture where colleague and customer safety is inherent in everything we do and look after the health and well-being of my colleagues.
- I am an ambassador for the Tesco brand.
- I provide the tools, training and direction for my colleagues and strive to create an environment in which our colleagues love to both work and shop at Tesco.
- I deliver the Big 6 where customers and colleagues recommend us, building trusted community relationships, control stock, control cost and grow sales.
- I work as part of a team, locally within my town, and across all of our channels and formats.
- I focus on the basics and I am relentless about delivering excellent store standards.
- You are a great communicator who will share knowledge, experience and best practices, you understand the importance of what you do and work collaboratively with your team to deliver results.
- You are natural and welcoming with customers, putting them at the heart of whatever you do. You take the time to listen and understand others, building strong relationships with your colleagues and customers.
- You lead by example, role model the values and every colleague knows who you are and what you stand for.
- You use your energy and resilience to keep momentum going when working in challenging environments. You own the decision making for the store, and can act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for customers and colleagues.
- You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. You do the right thing whether everything is going well or times are tough, and know how to consistently be at your best, you inspire confidence in those around you.
- You are aware of what our competitors are doing and you are always looking for ways to build and deliver new initiatives to help improve our store for customers.
- You are open and willing to learn, stretch and develop myself and in doing so develop the business. You embrace change with a positive attitude.
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we’re proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible earnings.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required