About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently recruiting for a National Operations Manager. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working in collaboration with other parts of the business to design and implement the framework that allows the technical service team to implement the business strategies & strategic tactical plans defined by the business. Doing so by working influentially with technical services, retail and distribution operations and maintenance support to deliver these changes within the field.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Building great teams via coaching and developing the Technical services management population, providing feedback opportunities & great practices are seen.
- Building and Managing relationships with key functions and stakeholders across all functions from Property Managers, Engineering, Capital, health and Safety teams, retail operations and maintain ace support to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service is delivered to Tesco standards and specifications. puts our customers at the heart of decisions we make.
- Working with the Property health and safety team to ensure Tesco Maintenance health and Safety policies and procedures are cascaded and support in the implementation into to each department for all TM colleagues and suppliers
- Communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required in a value led way.
- Integrity of departments safety governance ensuring all accidents and near misses captured and actions in place.
- Ensuring the departments Tactical / People and H&S plans are implemented across the technical services team.
- Ensure KPI’s are met consistently, advise and give support to deliver performance and improve productivity where required.
- Financial Controller for Technical Services ensuring budget delivery, reviewing and implementing cost efficiency where possible, forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Through trend analysis, Spotting trends in financial risk and opportunity, giving guidance to stakeholders on review, improve and implement.
- Effectively support using insight to shape strategic thinking and identifying potential opportunities. Driving problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Understand and deliver departmental reporting strategy, highlighting trend analysis
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with statutory safety regulations are in place across all departments (GAS PPM compliance tracking)
- Lead NWTs to review ways of working of contractor base to ensure we are using this resource appropriately and where opportunities arise highlight these for consideration of the business.
- Delivering non-negotiable great results whilst providing exceptional service and standards.
- Demonstrating clear year on year reductions in our cost lines in contractor savings vs in souring opportunities.
- Ensuring the correct priorities are achieved when it comes to asset availability and legal issues.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Attend annual Contractor review meetings
- UK driving licence (Essential)
- Microsoft office suite(Essential)
- Experience in budget management (Essential)
- Influencing (Essential)
- Data analysis (Essential)
- Stakeholder management (Essential)
- H&S Management (Essential)
- Trade Technical skills –City & Guilds/ONC/HNC, apprenticeship, time served. (Essential)
Ideal additional skills include:
- Prior experience in leading managers
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Problem solving.
- Commercial and business acumen
- Setting priorities
- Building internal and external networks
- Change management
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers. What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required