Work for TESCO! One of the biggest and most successful supermarkets in the UK.
Location: East London
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a qualified Mobile Mechanical Engineer to work as part of our Mechanical Service Team in General/Bakery and Catering equipment. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Service Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance using the operating model to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way. Ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
- Completing planned preventative maintenance, and reactive maintenance on equipment within a Tesco estate such as;
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment
- Communicating with the team and the wider business team
- Working collaborative with the National Operation Centre.
- Ensuring PDA compliance
- Consistently receives a green rating from managers and the stores.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Be a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in a ‘Better, Simpler or Cheaper’ way.
- Completing tasks and ensure they are ‘right first time'.
- Liaising with Store Technicians and updating them on status of maintenance work for service.
- Supporting managers to resolve customer issues.
- Delivering non negotiable standards across stores.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free