What are you going to do
This summer PETCO Trading (UK) Ltd are offering several 3-month paid internship opportunities to bright and passionate individuals, with various positions available in trading, finance, operations and legal; a valuable opportunity to get hands-on experience in a friendly and corporate environment.
Job Role Responsibilities
The Trading Intern will provide analysis of crude oil/petroleum products markets, risk updates, and strategy support – in the form of presentations – to the Trading Team.
- Market evaluation for trading opportunities via arbitrage analysis, import/exports & trade flow analysis.
- Provide profit and loss account updates.
- Contribute to special projects, strategy studies, and market entries.
- Complete analysis and reporting for trading performance.
- Finance policies, guidelines and practices - learn relevant policies, guidelines and practices.
- Bi-annual FCF testing.
- Tax Planning and Compliance- assist with reviewing and analysing various tax documents.
- Work Procedure Manuals (WPM) - Review and provide feedback on WPMs.
- General Administration; Prepare relevant payment vouchers, Assist with archiving, Scan back-up documents to be uploaded to SAP, Support adhoc projects as allocated by the supervisor.
- Drafting and reviewing trading contracts.
- Drafting and reviewing adhoc contracts (confidentiality agreements, service agreements).
- Research on matters affecting the business including UK, EU and international laws and regulations and rules of clearing houses and exchanges, and monitoring
- compliance thereon.
- Bulletin-style legal update write-ups an UK and international legal matters that affect the Company and/or the PETRONAS Group.
- Taking initiative to propose and implement solutions to enhance department and Company
- Invoice processing.
- Prepare Secondary cost accruals.
- Prepare CFF.
- Pre-audit check list – manage and maintain all documentation.
- Filing of all operations-related documents and digitilization of such documents onto internal computer drive and system.
- Participate in demurrage calculation.
What we offer
- Paid Annual Leave
- Good Learning Opportunities
- Paid Salary
What we ask:
- You should be registered as a university student
- Previous professional experience preferable but not essential.
- Studying towards an Undergraduate Degree or a Graduate in the following disciplines: Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business or Law.
- Strong quantitative, statistical and analytical skills.
- High level of curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to get on with assigned work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications - Word, Excel etc.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Temporary Full Time, Graduate Internship
- Salary indication
£9.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Operational, Administrative, Evaluative and Analytical Tasks
- Type of Job
- Legal , Accountancy
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required