Help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
Full time, occasional weekend and evening work required.
Where you'll work
- To build friendships with our residents that help them adjust to life in a care home
- Work with residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
- On a monthly basis review the plan with the resident and relatives and adjust if necessary
- Create a weekly schedule of meaningful occupation for each resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
- Update the resident’s personalised diary on a weekly basis with details of the activities they’ve undertaken, including photos, comments and feedback, that can be kept by residents as a record of what they have achieved as well as shared with their friends, family and the home team
- Build relationships with relatives, friends and advocates in order make sure you understand the person, and that the relatives understand how you are supporting the resident
- To build relationships with the local community , inviting them into the home to take part or run events and help residents maintain their hobbies
- To establish and run a ‘Friends of’ the home - a group of relatives, friends and neighbours from the community who are keen to be active participants in the life of the home
- Develop strong and continuing relationships with colleagues to enable the sharing of ideas and information, ensuring you are all working as a team to provide a safe and fulfilling experience within the home for every resident
- Enable our residents to stay in touch with friends and family by visits, phone, Skype, letters and email
- Support our residents to make trips outside of the home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in, as well as building links with local groups to encourage them into the home, facilitating the position of the home as part of the local community
- Actively seek feedback on the activity provision in the home, including running a resident forum and in house customer satisfaction programmes
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills
- To undergo the necessary training to become a ‘Dementia Friend’
At Paisley Court we offer a warm welcome to residents and their families.
Paisley Court is a modern, purpose-built care home set in a quiet residential street in the Dovecot area of Liverpool. Our friendly, highly skilled team offers residential care to older people with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. We specialise in caring for individuals with the most complex care needs arising from dementia.
Our team has advanced training in dementia care and a great deal of practical experience. We skilfully manage each person's unique needs in a dignified way. We love our residents and give every individual exactly what they require, offering them comfort and security at all times.
We make sure that residents really enjoy life by getting to know everyone on a personal level and building strong friendships. It helps us to organise activities that residents find engaging, fun and fulfilling.
We’re always here for residents’ families too – in fact, we’re happy to offer help, advice and support to anyone who comes through our door.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs
- Type of Job
- Home Care
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required