What are you going to do:
AIMS OF THE ROLE
- To safely lead a team of up to 16 young people through each phase of the NCS programme.
- To plan and deliver activities in line with the NCS Programme framework where appropriate
- To supervise the Assistant Team Leader and co-ordinate the workload with them considering their development in the process
- To be responsible for up to 16 young people in a team; to provide the supervision, motivation and inspiration to help your team succeed and enjoy the NCS experience.
- To ensure group harmony and facilitate the group dynamics
- To keep your team of NCS young people engaged, focussed and on track with the programme.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of young people and colleagues is paramount at all times and offer pastoral support where necessary
- To supervise the Assistant Team Leader associated to your team ensuring that the workload is shared and that you are considering their development throughout the programme
- To be responsible for ensuring that young people complete the required amount of hours of Social Action in Phase 3.
- To facilitate the planning and delivery of a successful Social Action Project for your team.
- To ensure that you and your team adhere to all Risk Assessment protocols, abiding by all Health and Safety requirements.
- To ensure any fundraising is done in accordance with collection licences provided.
- To resolve minor issues on a daily basis; to ensure that the Wave Leader and where appropriate the Assistant
- Wave Leader is aware of all safeguarding issues and any First Aid incidents in line with processes and policies.
- To communicate quickly and effectively during the programme between the young people, the NCS office, colleagues and all external visitors and public you come into contact with.
- To complete all necessary registers and paperwork on time and accurately.
- Lead Guided Reflection daily with your team of young people.
- To ensure all personal information regarding young people is kept confidentially in accordance with data protection requirements.
- To administer basic First Aid, if required, in line with NCS Training.
- To complete the Incident/Accident report form within 24 hours of any incident taking place.
- To provide support and team leadership for the young people, facilitating and leading on occasion their day / night activities.
- To be an active member and ambassador of NCS, taking part in activities where appropriate and demonstrating a ‘joining in’ team spirit and ‘can do’ positive attitude.
- Any other duties, consistent with the main purpose of the job, as may be specified from time to time.
- There will be various weekday and weekend training dates to pick from in March, April and May 2020, you must attend all 3 days of training.
- All job offers are conditional to successful completion of this training and an Enhanced DBS Check
- Wave 1: Monday 22nd June to Friday 17th July 2020.
- Wave 2: Monday 29th June to Friday 24th July 2020.
- Wave 3: Monday 6th July to Friday 31st July 2020.
- Wave 4: Monday 13th July to Friday 7th August 2020.
- Wave 5: Monday 20th July to Friday 14th August 2020.
- Wave 6: Monday 27th July to Friday 21st August 2020 / It is possible to work on two waves.
Be Epic: Adventure Residential - Monday AM to Friday PM – Camping or Dorm Rooms at an Outdoor Pursuits Centre – transport is provided.
Your role alongside your Assistant Team Leader is to quickly build a rapport with your team of 16 teenagers, to lead them through the activities, support them at all times and motivate them, ensuring Health & Safety is paramount at all times.
Live Life: University Residential - Monday AM to Friday PM – Staying in University style accommodation in either Coventry or Leicestershire depending on the area you have chosen to work in. Alongside your Assistant Team Leader you will lead your team through the challenges set by local businesses and workshops, ensuring that they achieve and enjoy the journey and motivate them to succeed.
Do Good: Social Action Project: 30 hours a week for either 1 or 2 weeks depending on the area you have chosen to work in. 6 hours each day: 10am to 5pm (some flexibility with this is required). Alongside your Assistant Team Leader you will lead your team to make a difference on the Social Action Project, either campaigning, fundraising or revamping to benefit the local community.
Go Party: One evening in September 2020. At a city centre venue, you will present your team of young people with their NCS certificates which are signed by the Prime Minister. 4 week programmes: Total of 20.5 days employment + 3 unpaid training days.
YOU MUST BE 18+ to apply!
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Provide First Aid Training
- Flexible Start Dates
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Confidence, enthusiasm and drive to ensure successful delivery of NCS
- Leadership skills able to inspire and motivate others
- Professional and positive at times, leading by example as you will be supervising an Assistant Team Leader as well as your team of young people
- Able to quickly build up a strong rapport with young people using strong communication skills
- Empathetic, sensitive and approachable nature, tolerance and patience
- A genuine interest in the welfare of young people and confidence in developing their respect
- Strong interpersonal skills and good verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and composed in difficult situations, sound judgement and responsible nature
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Having a flexible approach to work
- Prior experience of working with teenager or adults in a supervisory role is essential
- You must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, inspire and use your own initiative and common sense
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to build a rapport with others and maintain effective, professional relationships and the ability to effectively and respectfully resolve potential or existing conflicts, showing creativity and resourcefulness
- YOU MUST BE 18+ to apply!
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Other, Secondary School, College, University
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Salary indication
Between £8.00 and £9.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- To be responsible for up to 16 young people in a team; to provide the supervision, motivation and inspiration to help your team succeed and enjoy the NCS experience, alongside the NCS Wave Leader.
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required