At loyalBe, we've created a bank-connected rewards app for consumers, along with an intelligent marketing platform for merchants. We are a VC-backed startup operating in the exciting fintech space. We’re looking an experienced engineer who likes to be hands on but also wants to help steer the direction of the technology forward (working closely with technical founder). You will help us scale our app to lots of merchants and users and will have a huge impact on the trajectory of the company.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver great software. We want someone that works well with uncertainty, frequent changes to product specifications and can move fast.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. The role is primarily backend but will require flexibility and a start-up mentality.
Salary and equity are competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
What you'll do
- Write well-designed, testable code (this will be most of your day)
- Build systems at scale, learn new technologies and share knowledge
- Solve hard technical challenges with good coding practices while being conscious of functionality and robustness
- Develop a deep understanding of our entire stack and the processes and technologies relevant to our space (e.g. Open Banking APIs) and write code across our entire stack
- Fully own the design and development of multiple features (working closely with technical founder and rest of the small team)
Our tech stack (knowledge of two or more of the below is desirable)
- Swift (iOS)
- Java (Android & Backend)
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer (2+ years)
- Knowledge of at least one high level programming language (Java, C#, C++ or similar)
- Knowledge of relational databases (we use MySQL - general SQL experience required)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework or library (e.g. ReactJS, VueJS) and experience building/consuming APIs
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- A stake in the company you are building through a stock option plan. Stock options will be a % figure of the company, not "x shares", so you will know exactly how much you own.
- Competitive Salary
- Limited number of weekly meetings, aside from collaborating on technical solutions with the team where appropriate
- Macbook Pro, monitor, google apps - whatever tools you need to get your job done
- Semi-frequent team lunches
- Ability to have exposure to a lot of different tools/technologies, rather than being siloed
- Free tea and coffee
- City centre location (Ormeau Baths after lockdown)
- Flexible working arrangements and flexible working hours - work life balance is very important to us
- The ability to have a huge impact in a small company
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!