Barchester’s Capital Team are recruiting a Capital Assistant to our Inverness office. In this varied role you will assist with the day-to-day accounting and reporting of capital expenditure across our portfolio of 240 care homes and hospitals, ensuring the timely processing and review of capex and major revenue requests. Day to day responsibilities will include monitoring expenditure against budgets, ensuring the smooth running of the capex approval processes, and the timely payment of capital invoices, among other responsibilities.
NEED TO HAVE:
• Basic understanding of accounts and accounting systems
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to work to deadlines
NEED TO DO:
• Assist with the processing of capital and major revenue requests
• Recording and monitoring requests accurately in the appropriate budgets
• Monitoring the progress of capex and major revenue requests in the capex system to ensure that they progress thought the correct steps in the process.
• Timely and accurate processing of capital invoices into the accounting system, ensuring appropriate authorisations and checks have been received
• Dealing with supplier queries
• Reconciliation of capital supplier statements
• Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of various equipment registers
• Filing of all relevant documentation
• Preparation of information for Capex committee
Barchester are the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019 and 2020. If you are looking for a new role where your contribution to supporting the provision of exceptional care will be recognised, this is an extremely rewarding opportunity.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!