Enterprise Security Intern
Are you passionate about technology and information/cyber security? Do you want to know what it feels like to be part of a growing team that is building the foundations of a world-class information security program? We have more work than we can handle.
We are offering an internship with opportunities to gain experience in Threat monitoring and investigation, Risk management and mitigation, Incident management, Architectural governance and consultation, Vulnerability Management, and Security awareness and user behaviors.
What will I be accountable for?
Key projects may include:
• Monitoring incident management queues
• Creating or implementing security tooling
• Automating monitoring of internal controls
• Roll-out and education of a new set of information security policies
• Working with business units to create “get well” plans
• Helping to research and analyse requests for changes to policies and standards
• Conducting security reviews of third parties
• Developing training programs for users
What skills, experience, and qualifications would be helpful?
• Evidenced passion in information security
• Working towards a Bachelors or Masters in an information security related field, such as Cyber Security, Computer Science etc..
• Knowledge of python, or other scripting/programming language
• Windows/macOS/Linux security
• Knowledge of process design and documentation
• Interest in Big Data analytics i.e. statistical/Machine Learning approaches
• Self-Starter. Someone who takes initiative.
• Excellent writing skills,
• Familiarity with port/vulnerability scanners and host-based sensors
• Tools: PowerBi, Advanced Excel
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape exceptional. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
• Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
• Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
• Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
• Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
• Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
• Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
• Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
• Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
• Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
• Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
• Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
• Be authentic.
• Seek and embrace differences.
• Encourage curiosity and challenge.
• Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!