Technical and Development Manager - Field Based
It takes a lot of talent and skilful organisation to support the UKs leading dairy brand. The Müller Milk and Ingredients network of dairies and depots is supported by key business functions to ensure our completive advantage.
Müller has been a loved brand in the UK for over 30 years. It's a household name - and it continues to grow as we invest to make and market an ever-great range of fantastic dairy products. We are currently the 7th most chosen FMCG brand in the UK, picked from supermarket shelves over 208 million times each year.
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical & Development Manager within our Muller Milk & Ingredients (MMI) business. The successful incumbent will provide Technical direction and advice to MMI/Milk&More operations, R&D and Technical teams with regards to processes and product quality. You will apply an in-depth knowledge of dairy science, technology and product process parameters and support product and process development and trouble shooting. You will also provide dairy science, product and process technology training as required.
* Please note - This position is field based.
• Supports the technical aspects of process and product development, process optimization and trouble shooting.
• Works cross functionally with R&D, Engineering, Process and Quality teams to implement best practice with regards to product and process.
• Support and/or project manage site initiatives to drive quality and cost improvements utilising appropriate tools and techniques including: Root cause analysis, 5 Whys, Lean etc.
• Take into account information relating to the wider environment and to make commercial decisions.
• Respond to changing requirements, gain commitment and make it happen.
• Continually challenge existing working practices and processes and seek ways of improving performance and driving waste out of processes and products.
• Coordinate and monitor operational procedures, guidelines and GMP and provide leadership and advise to Manufacturing, Engineering and Technical management and Suppliers, where appropriate, to ensure they are aware of any situations where products and/or activities are outside defined parameters and where improvements in product and process quality could be made.
• Evaluate site data and information to provide advice to Technical and Operations Management so that informed business decisions can be made.
• Create training material within subject area of expertise. Deliver this training to MMI teams and customers.
• Support MMI Quality succession plan strategy by developing and motivating other team members.
• Delegates and coach other team members to support their technical development and unlock their full potential.
• Create and monitor operational procedures, guidelines and GMP and advise internal and external stakeholders where appropriate to ensure they are aware of any situations where products and/or activities are outside defined parameters and where improvements in product and process quality could be made.
• Evaluate site data and information to provide direction and advice to Technical and operations Management so that informed business decisions can be made.
• Listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, internally (e.g. Site briefings) and externally (e.g. across sites and with suppliers) to ensure own activities, and those of others, are effectively aligned to minimise disruption and meet objectives through common understanding
• Provide leadership, advice, problem solving and access to specialist knowledge, to both individuals and the production teams, to resolve issues speedily and effectively.
• Promote and encourage, through active listening, identification, ownership and resolution of problems, to continually improve sites and business performance.
Demonstrable skills, experience and knowledge within the following:
• Food Science degree or Specialist qualification relevant to the role or equivalent vocational experience.
• Advanced knowledge of food chemistry and microbiology, dairy process and product standards, specifications and attributes.
• Food hygiene - level 4 / HACCP - Level 4
• Lead Assessor experience
• Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written including presentation skills and report writing.
• Excellent business and commercial awareness.
• Numeracy including basic statistical data analysis and interpretation.
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and problem-solving skills
• Planning and organizing skills including project management skills.
• Engages and influences stakeholders at all levels.
• Cross functional work experience and can work remotely.
• Challenges status quo and understands impact of changes
• Has the ability to work with limited direct supervision, takes responsibility for and ensures resolution of issues.
• Basic knowledge of leading a team
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role, please apply on our website
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free