Export Operative (Ocean Freight)
* Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
* Freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation and a record is kept of all daily events and interactive reports.
* Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers.
* All freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
* Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand as required.
* Requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
* Communication with overseas agents, customers and suppliers is clear precise and effective to ensure that the freight is moved as per customer requirements.
* Use customer ERP and SAP systems as and when required.
* Accurate & timely reporting/escalation to department manager.
What we're looking for
* Previous experience in freight forwarding.
* Export experience involving shipments to global destinations and working with clear operating procedures.
* Familiarity with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air for ADR and IMDG shipments.
* Experience of managing client/customer relations with strong verbal and written communication.
* International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers, and rail and air lines in other countries.
* Experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst retaining the capacity to remain calm under pressure and resolve problems and challenges efficiently.
* The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free