Mobile Gas Engineer
Purpose of the role
Perform gas, mechanical and general maintenance to both plant and building assets throughout a number of sites; specifically, but not limited to, gas & plumbing services, to ensure the continued full operation of all systems on site.
This is a mobile role covering the South Wales/Cardiff area.
Undertake heating engineering & plumbing maintenance, including reactive repairs, servicing of boilers and other appliances, installations and associated works.
Ability to complete statutory monthly PPM related tasks, outside of core skill set, as directed by the Service Desk.
Undertake all tasks in line with current legislation and H&S Guidelines.
Ensuring all assigned PPM's are completed on time and in line with the agreed schedule.
Comply with Interserve and customer policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
Provide assistance to other maintenance staff as and when required.
Comply with all company procedures including adherence with all health and safety requirements
Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
Adherence to company security policies in relation to the use of IT equipment.
Competent use of computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information, including hours worked, for each work request.
Ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holders own level of demonstrated competence.
Liaise with all Interserve staff to ensure standards are maintained in both work and administrative areas.
Part of On Call rota to provide out of office support as and when required by management.
Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure.
Undertake any ad-hoc duties as required during the course of working shift.
Be aware of Interserve Business Continuity Plan for area of business.
Completion of any other task as directed by management
Skills and Abilities
* Relevant Commercial & Domestic Gas qualifications
* Experience in a similar role
* Full Driving Licence
* Valid Passport.
* Ability to work unsupervised and independently
* To be able to work on own initiative and as required, as part of a team.
* Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as required.
* Ability to prioritise own and teams work load accordingly.
* Ability to communicate to a high degree both verbally and written.
* Operational knowledge of Permit to Work system.
* Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders.
* Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis.
* Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
* Flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
* To represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
* Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
* HSE management in accordance with our (Interserve) Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
* Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
Due to contractual requirements, the ability to pass designated security clearances is a pre job offer requisite
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free