We have an exciting opportunity for a Surgical First Assistant to join a supportive and warm working culture at The London Clinic where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
As a Surgical First Assistant you will you will assist sisters/charge nurses and coordinators in the management and organisation of care provision within the operating department.
- Job Location: This role is located at our main hospital facility in London,W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. We operate a mixed shift pattern - Earlies / Lates (typically 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 7:30am – 9:30pm), with participation in the weekends & on-call rota.
- Salary:The attractive salary range for this role is £42,492 - £48,916 (inclusive of London Weighting), plus shift enhancements and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package:We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- As a Surgical First Assistant you will deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
- You will undertake clinical ongoing responsibility for the designated area in which you are allocated.
- Provide managerial accountability in the absence of the Team Leader under the supervision of the Deputy Theatre Manager.
- In addition to clinical duties, responsible for the direct supervision and training of junior staff in order to ensure the provision of a high quality and cost effective service to patients and users.
- Responsible for acting in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the good standard and reputation of The London Clinic.
- Registered Nurse or Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification, ASP/Surgical First Assistant course.
- Expert Scrub nurse/practitioner with experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a varied patient case mix.
- Multi-skilled experience across various specialities which could include robotic, general surgery, urology, gynae, orthopaedics etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in sensitive and challenging situations.
The London Clinic has approx. 1300 employees, across 8 sites located in the heart of London’s medical community. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required