Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £46,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus 5% bonus, healthcare, life insurance, great pension scheme and other benefits
Location: Commutable from Oxford, Swindon, Reading, Bristol, Bath, Marlborough, Newbury, Chippenham and surrounding areas
Hours: Continental Shifts, 7 till 7, DAYS AND NIGHTS, and 10 consecutive days off every 5 weeks
We are currently recruiting several highly exciting and critical Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers roles for a expanding and growing company.
Primarily the role is to support the day to day machinery and equipment on the production floor, to minimise and restore breakdowns, work through planned maintenance activities and contribute towards continuous improvement initiatives. The role is Multi Skilled so you will be expected to combat both electrical and mechanical problems. Engineers having worked in a similar capacity would be highly desirable.
* Complete and taking accountability for maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability and ensure minimal equipment downtime.
* During maintenance incidents, covering both electrical and mechanical, actively using problem solving and techniques to identify the true root cause of the issue - and implement corrective actions.
* Help to contribute towards improvements within the maintenance team to maximise efficiency within the Production and Maintenance departments to Lean the process, eliminating or reducing waste and/or non-value adding activities.
* Complete all necessary documentation regarding maintenance activities, including highlighting errors or bad practices and making suggestions for improvements either to systems or equipment, and take ownership for progressing required documentation.
* Utilise external resource, where appropriate, to obtain services/components, generating, completing and obtaining the appropriate documentation and approval to proceed (e.g. Purchase Orders, spares requests, quotations, etc).
* Be accountable and responsible for ensuring all personal activities are effectively closed on time, in line with agreed targets and timelines (e.g. PPM, Deviations, Change Controls, Training, etc).
* Work on projects as defined by engineering management.
· Completed a recognized engineering apprenticeship or hold relevant qualifications, whether that be in electrical or mechanical
· Worked in a Multi Skilled Engineering environment, tackling both mechanical and electrical issues
· Experience of working within a similar environment, whether that be Manufacturing, FMCG, Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive or Industrial
· Proactive and logical approach to problem solving
· Active team player with passion, drive and hunger to be successful
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!