This is a senior appointment where you can add value to this national lifting services provider.
The services and products supplied include cranes, hoists, cradles, access systems, testing and after sales service contracts.
The Operations manager will be working in partnership with the department leads to ensure Service Level Agreements and maintenance contracts are being adhered to. You will also be supporting leaders to drive and develop their teams ensuring customer service is at the forefront of everything the company does. You will work alongside Finance to ensure you have adequate resources to fulfil the company needs and ensure cost effectiveness.
The successful operations manager will be degree educated in an engineering subject. Driven with a positive outlook and fit in within a busy environment. You will have strong project management skills as well as excellent communication skills. You may have a finance, service development, operational management or project management background as your skills will crossover. A background in construction plant, cranes or lifting is beneficial.
The company is a world leader providing working at height solutions with an ambitious growth plan over the next 5 years.
Key duties of the Operations manager will include:
• Manage and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all Delivery Teams (Planning, Technical & Testing) through process development, skills review and effective communication with other departments in the business
• Manage departmental budgets for each sub-team, in close liaison with the finance team, to drive gross profit margins.
• With support from Finance analyse profitability by product and project and input into pricing decisions accordingly.
• Continually review skillsets and resource levels within the delivery teams to ensure the business is appropriately resourced to meet current and projected client needs, working closely with the sales team
• Report through clearly defined KPIs, the operational performance of your teams, develop long-range forecasts for projected invoiced revenue, to inform business decisions
• Lead process change on CRM system where required, to ensure it is fit for purposes in an evolving market
• Support Sales to analyse customer terms and conditions, tender requests and pricing to ensure that the business is competitive and will win profitable work
• Coach and develop a practical, commercial, customer focused outlook throughout the business
The Operations manager will be based in the central head office with some national and international travel required when permitted.
All potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free