We have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetics Practitioner to join a supportive and warm working culture at The London Clinic where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
As part of the multidisciplinary team the Anaesthetics Practitioner is responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients in theatre and the anaesthetic room without supervision.
- Job Location: This role is located at our main hospital facility in London,W1G 6BW(Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Sunday. We operate a mixed shift pattern – Earlies, Lates & Twilight shifts, with participation in the on-call rota.
- Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £36,764 - £40,890 (inclusive of London Weighting) plus shift enhancements, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Work as a skilled member of the anaesthetic team, providing the highest standard of patient care across a varied caseload, whilst providing assistance and support to the anaesthetic physician /consultant anaesthetists.
- Carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence based practice.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and stock managed to ensure economical use of all resources.
- Liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate a good and smooth patient care.
- Ensure a welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for our patients, customers and visitors.
- RGN / ODP qualified practitioner.
- Recognised anaesthetic course.
- Strong knowledge and experience in anaesthetics with an excellent understanding of the perioperative needs of patients and customers.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The London Clinic has approx. 1300 employees, across 8 sites located in the heart of London’s medical community. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required