Role: Junior or Mid-level Embedded Software Design Engineer
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent (TN postcode)
Salary: £ competitive
I am working with a small company who are looking to hire an embedded software engineer to join their team with between 2-6 years experience ideally.
They are a small team so any engineer who joins would have full ownership of development tasks and would need to be flexible and able to adapt to different software development tasks.
The ideal applicant will have a years experience plus in the development of embedded control systems.
* Working in the RD team to design and develop software solutions for embedded control systems.
* Full product life cycle responsibility from initial concept, through detailed design and development, to release for manufacture.
* Providing technical support and updates for existing and new software designs.
* Documentation of software and support of the project through approvals.
* Support of the hardware team in bring-up, development and testing of prototype hardware designs.
Key Skills required:
* Experienced in C programming for embedded control systems.
* Windows application development in C#.
* Able to demonstrate strong fault finding and analytical skills.
* Open to a gaining a wider understanding of combustion processes to aid in the development of the control software.
* Experience of CodeWarrior, MpLab, Crossworks or a similar IDE.
* Experience of network protocols, Bluetooth/WLAN comms, low-level comms (I2C, SPI, SDIO) and/or device driver development an advantage.
* The ideal candidate is expected to have 2 years or more experience in designing software for embedded control systems.
* Suitable degree qualification, HND or Industry Qualifications.
* A structured mind and a keen eye for detail are considered an essential aspect for this position.
* Candidate should have strong communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels including production, design and senior level.
* Be proactive, with the ability to meet deadlines and provide real time support for existing systems.
* Working with the existing team of software and hardware engineers, with a high level of autonomy and responsibility for the development and future innovation.
How to apply?
Please send a CV to (url removed)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil Gas
Role: Junior / mid-level embedded software engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!