LANARK – Our proudly independent client is looking for full and part time Vets to join their team on a permanent basis.
Due to their continued growing reputation and growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced full time and part time vets. They are a forward thinking, established, Tier 3 RCVS hospital with an excellent reputation within the community.
Their custom-built flagship practice in Lanark is air-conditioned, spacious, well-equipped and includes endoscopy, ultrasound digital x-ray, laparoscopy, in-house lab and dedicated dental suite with dental x-ray. They are a 4-site mixed veterinary practice with three small animal practices. The team consists of 38 vets (of which 13 are small), with an experienced support team of RVN's and nursing assistants.
They are looking for experienced and enthusiastic vets, skilled in general consultations and surgery, in their small animal, first opinion hospital practice. Ideally you should have 2-3 year's experience and must be able to deal with a wide variety of cases and be happy to mentor junior team members as required. Continuous CPD is strongly encouraged, as you would be considering further training, therefore an RCVS certificate will be fully paid for if required.
- Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm. Plus one late night per week to 7pm
- On-call rota (1 in 10). When on-call you must stay in the practice (accommodation on site) and will work one week of nights (no working during the day when on-call)
- 1 in 10 daytime weekend rota to give the night vet respite.
- Following the week of nights, the vets get a long 4-day weekend off and a weekday off after the weekend of days.
- Extremely competitive salary based on experience and further qualifications
- VDS & RCVS fees paid
- Annual bonus
- CPD allowance
- 29 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
This is an exciting opportunity where you will work within excellent surroundings, supported by a fantastic team, in a thriving, independent practice. Be a part of something special!!
If you are interested and would like to know more information, please call 0115 9681515 or email
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required