Junior Financial Controller
SDL Finance in the UK is expanding! We’re looking for a Junior Financial Controller to join our growing finance team in Maidenhead.
In joining SDL’s Operational Finance team you will be a critical part of supporting the leading company in language solutions and global content management. SDL helps companies build relevant digital experiences that deliver transformative business results on a global scale. 90 of the top 100 global brands trust SDL to simplify the complexity of managing content across multiple brands, websites, languages, and devices. Supporting such an organisation to operate across 40 countries creates many development opportunities within finance.
We’re growing our Operational Finance team to improve our ability to deliver accurate and timely information, work faster on our continuous improvement roadmap and drive greater business insight. We’re looking for individuals aspiring to develop themselves as part of this growing team as we progress on our journey to creating a top finance team.
SDL is seeking a Junior Financial Controller to support their European business. The team operates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, functioning as a proactive business partner and assisting the business leaders with their accounting and compliance responsibilities. We are a profitable and growing mid-sized company that offers translation and localization technology and services.
The position will form part of a team who are responsible for the accounting of the European entities.
As a valued member of SDL, you’ll benefit from 25 days paid annual leave, an additional 5 days paid leave to complete charitable work and an excellent pension and benefits package.
Hear from our employees about what it’s like to work at SDL:
Your key responsibilities
As a Junior Financial Controller for a cluster of EMEA countries, you will be responsible for the accurate reporting of the required entities as well as completing ‘value adding’ analysis on the balances presented. Statutory filings of accounts and local taxes are also required. You will also be working with in-country external accountants.
* Assisting in the financial accounting and reporting of a cluster of countries with several legal entities under IFRS and local GAAP.
* Working with the Senior Financial Controller, the tax team and external providers to ensure all external reporting is completed accurately and on time
* Preparation and posting of journals
* Preparation of month-end tasks
* Assisting with the management and coordination of internal and external audits
* Assisting with cashflow
* Reviewing payroll
* Completing balance sheet reconciliations
* Insightful analysis of performance
* Building and fostering relationships with group finance, commercial finance and senior business leads
* Finance projects
* Adhoc items as requested
* Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Basic Excel skills (formulas and presentation)
* Excellent attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
* Fluent language skills would be a desirable skill set - (e.g French, Dutch, German, Arabic, Italian - all languages will be considered)
* Experience with Great Plains beneficial
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!