Graduate Land Rights & GIS Assistant
Our client is a well-respected general surveying practice, providing services to a wide range of clients, both locally and nationally. This role focuses on arranging access to land to carry out maintenance works and surveys, primarily for utility clients, along with plan preparation.
The successful applicant will be required to assist and support the team in a variety of administrative jobs and field work, as well as in plan preparation using ArcGIS. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking to gain experience towards a land orientated career, whilst improving their GIS and problem solving skills. The company offers a competitive salary package, along with full training and colleague support. After one year of service you would be offered the opportunity to work towards Associate RICS membership.
To assist in the delivery of excellent services to clients, you will:
• Carry out research related to land ownership;
• Negotiate access to land for utility clients and subsequent compensation claims in a professional manner;
• Liaise with landowners and clients on a number of on-going schemes;
• Prepare pre-entry and post works records of condition of land;
• Agree licences, wayleaves and other legal agreements with landowners and occupiers;
• Project manage administrative projects for clients;
• Prepare plans using ArcGIS; and
• Provide other support, as required, to the team.
In order to be considered, you should have:
• a degree or other similar qualification that broadly relates to land;
• good IT skills in Microsoft Office packages and in particular Excel;
• experience of plan preparation, ideally in ArcGIS;
• good communication skills and the ability to work in a team;
• attention to detail and good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively;
• your own vehicle and a UK driving licence;
• availability for an immediate start.
Although your Degree may well be in Geography, if it is a different course that is land related, please do still apply.
Given the nature of the work, the ideal candidate will have an interest in the rural environment.
This vacancy already exists due to the relocation of the previous employee so if you would like to be considered please apply as soon as possible as we are already arranging suitable short listed candidates for interview
Role: Graduate Land Rights & GIS Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire,
Apply for this job now.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!