Junior Management Accountant (SAN645)
6 Month FTC
Sanlam Limited is an international financial services group with a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and a market capitalisation of £9.64 billion. Established in 1918, the group provides a range of services to over 10 million clients globally, including insurance, financial planning, investments and wealth management.
The firm consists of a number of long-established businesses, including:
- Sanlam Private Wealth: The discretionary fund manager with £4.6 billion of client assets under management
- Sanlam Investments: The boutique asset management and fund business which manages over £5.4 billion in both single strategy and long only funds, specialist multi-asset solutions and captive fund solutions.
- Sanlam Investments & Pensions: The life and pensions business within excess of £3.2 billion of assets under administration
- Sanlam Wealth Planning: The national financial adviser with nearly £2 billion of client assets under advice and 60 UK-based advisers
- Sanlam Partnerships: The network for financial planners with membership of over 100 IFAs
In total, the firm has over c £14 billion of assets under management or influence. Sanlam UK attained its size, strength and reputation by leveraging the benefits of having a large secure South African parent company while focusing on individual client service delivered locally in the UK.
Based in our Bristol office; we are currently looking for a Junior Management Accountant to join our Finance team on a 6-month FTC.
To act as a management accountant and be an integral member for the Financial Planning Team
- Maintain the fixed asset register, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Prepare revenue postings, salary postings, accruals and prepayments and any other accounting required to support the financial controller in the month end process.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate and ensure all balances are accurate and valid.Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations ensuring balances agreed, signed off and settled as appropriate.
- Prepare bank postings and perform bank reconciliations
- Review and approve invoices
- Support for adhoc tasks and projects across finance where required.
- Support the Financial Controller through budget submission cycle.
The successful candidate may demonstrate the following:
- Part qualified accountant or Graduate
- Good understanding of core accounting principle
- Financial Services experience preferential
- Solutions oriented
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to challenge sources of data
Sanlam is an equal opportunities employer and promotes an inclusive working environment where employees respect and value each other's diversity. If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV attached.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required