We have a new opportunity for a Tutor (Functional Skills & GCSE) to join our team based in Waterfront. You will join us on a full-time temporary basis to cover maternity leave and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £28,000 per annum.
Juniper is an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our Tutor you will:
- Deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
- Compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications (where applicable)
- Deliver English and/or maths qualifications – Functional Skills & GCSEs
- Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
- Safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
- Health Shields - Cashback on health needs, such as dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions
- EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Key responsibilities as our Tutor will be to:
- Deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
- Ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper
- Engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- Plan and facilitate enterprise projects
- Deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications
- Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC (where applicable)
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- Assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams
- Assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and (where applicable)
Skills and abilities, we’re looking for in ourTutor:
- Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- Excellent communicator
- Persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- Remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
If you would like to join our team as our new Tutor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!