Are you passionate about sports, exercise and leisure? Do you want a career doing what you love, supported with fully funded training and career progression in the best leisure facility in the south east? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are recruiting a team of fun, dynamic, and customer-focused Recreation Assistants to join us at Freedom Leisure as we reopen The Stour Centre following a £7.5m refurbishment.
Our Recreation Assistants sit right at the heart of the Centre’s operations. In addition to ensuring the safety and well-being of our customers in our pools, they deal with customer queries, set up activities, ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout and deliver holiday playscheme sessions. It’s an exciting and varied role. To be successful, they require great interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and must be both organised and proactive to ensure the smooth running of activities. Ideally you will also have a current NPLQ qualification (although we can offer this training to the right candidates).
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you now!
Hours Full and Part Time hours available - Monday to Sunday - Rota Basis
- NPLQ qualification or equivalent
- First Aid at Work
- An ability and understanding of how to relate to customers of all ages and abilities and also to all levels of staff
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Team orientated approach, able to work across organisation boundaries and demonstrate interest and be supportive of the work of staff and colleagues
- To be able to work flexibly and understand instructions from managers
- Demonstrated passion and energy for the leisure industry
Closing date 9th July 2021
- My Staff Shop, our very own staff benefit scheme, gives employees access to a great range of benefits. Get discounts on cinema tickets, travel bookings, high street e-vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
- Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
- Incremental holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential, independent and professional counselling.
- Company pension
- Various insurance and saving schemes
- Financial advice
- Cycle-to-work and Car Leasing tax-efficient schemes (salaried staff only)
- All this as well as fully funded training and career progression opportunities in a team working environment
Salary up to £17,188.00pa
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 4 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required