Job Title: Engineering Manager (Space & Range) Job Type:... Location:... Hours: 37... Salary: £Competitive + Company...
Job Title: Engineering Manager (Space & Range)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £Competitive + Company Benefits
The engineering manager will be an integral part of the technology and product squad structure, where key responsibilities include:
· Managing and mentoring software development team and individuals who build and support-leading edge software platforms across related retail and e-commerce technologies or functions.
· Overseeing team(s) technical platform design and implementation ensuring that software adheres to department standards and are scalable using modern methods of distributed load balancing and computation.
· Fostering a culture of innovation and professionalism within the team(s) and the wider technology and product function, driving clear ownership and accountability, and where individuals take pride in their deliverables and creating a positive customer impact.
· Working closely with the Product Managers, Technical Program Managers and other development teams to deliver software by identifying the iterations and feature roadmaps which would include technical foundations
· Work with key business stakeholders to understand the problem statement and help deliver the technical capability focusing on customer needs and make data driven decisions
· Lead reviews of software designs and capabilities (HW & SW) within the leader's domain.
· Ensure all deliveries meet business and end user needs
· Implement and review software (and HW designs) of moderate complexity within the functional area of ownership
· Stay abreast of emerging technologies and research which can improve the team's delivery and support capabilities.
· Ensure responsibility for team(s) technical design and technology decisions including their scalability using modern methods of load balancing and distributed computation.
· Develop and own plan and schedule for development team(s) which balances software delivery, continuous improvement and operational support.
· Execute on plans and schedules within the operational limits of budget and headcount while ensuring excellent software delivery and support.
· Drive and ensure that all projects and enhancements delivered meet department standards for technology, contribute to the development of these standards.
· Review and implement tests for all areas of ownership.
Communication & Teamwork
· Participate, contribute and drive in a functional team environment
· Manage stakeholder communication and expectation on delivery dates, functionality.
· Partner and communicate with product, business and technical leaders to schedule and communicate technology roadmap and cost of deliverables.
· Collaborate across squads where there are dependencies.
· Embrace a DevOps culture and sense of ownership of what you build
· Manage team(s) and individuals whose scope of responsibility are functionally similar in nature. Responsibilities to include but not limited to recruiting, retaining, training, coaching, motivating and performance management of direct reports.
· Provide guidance on career development and pathing.
· Develop and build a team that maintains a high level of accountability and ownership to delivering positive customer impact and business improvement.
· Ensure smooth deliveries of projects/programmes, enhancements and support within the team, also providing support for peer teams in their efforts to the same.
· Be proactive in identifying improvements of across team delivery.
· Take no blame root cause analysis and incidence management approach of all issues.
· Serve as a role model for behaviour in accordance with company culture, with a strong work ethic and accountability.
· A Degree or equivalent exposure to programming
· Strong background in analytics & problem solving
· Sound leadership skills with experience managing technology team(s) of 8 or greater in all aspects of team management for at least 1 year
· Strong Development background in one or more of the following: Java, Kotlin, Python.
· Sound software development and delivery experience with history of delivering at least 2 or more systems and platforms.
· Strong experience developing and working in a virtualized environment.
· Experience using container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
· Experience with unit and integration testing
· Experience in building microservices: APIs, event-driven with a choice of SQL or NoSQL data store
· Agile/scrum development experience. Embraces Agile and encourages other to embrace and agile way of working
· Knowledge in one or more programming languages utilised by Holland and Barrett Tech.
· Knowledge of software complexity and algorithms.
· Experience with DevOps concepts & working on CI/CD
· Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
· Ability to solve problems and think across different scales from the strategic right down to the code optimisation and debugging level
· Ability to separate essential complexity from incidental complexity and a desire to reduce complexity
We offer a flexible, home-based working model. We have offices in Nuneaton and London, but you will not be required to be office-based.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!