Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
· To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
· To have a full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning beat, including the agreed work specification and time allocated to the beat.
· To maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant SLA’s, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
· To have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and to attend all necessary training to be enable to fulfil this requirement.
· To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
· To sign in and out daily using the Signing-In Book, this must be an accurate record of the operatives Contracted hours and show the start time and finish time on a daily basis. In the event of a building being evacuated the Signing-In Book will be used as a checklist and headcount.
· To be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste.
· To report any maintenance defects to the Cleaning Supervisor.
· To understand and observe MITIE PFI’s and Client site rules at all times.
· To ensure that a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained and to give particular attention to hands/finger nails, hair care and general appearance. Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate for the requirements of the role. Minimal jewellery to be worn for health and safety reasons (note - wedding ring and studs earrings are acceptable).
· To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
· To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
· To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor.
· To perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
· To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!