What are you going to do:
Assimilate London is looking for a portfolio of enthusiastic, friendly university students to show international students the ropes around London during the January intake/Lent term/semester 2.
We are looking for a group of welcoming second/third year university students who have a warm nature to be student guides for freshman international students over a period of 10 weeks on a contractual part time basis.
- Help international students integrate into all aspects of London life.
- Attend fun weekly social activities with international students e.g. pub quiz, board game sessions, go-karting.
- Two 1-hour language exchange sessions per week e.g. teaching international students local slang, English idioms & phrases etc to help improve their spoken English and confidence.
- 2-6 hours per week for 10 weeks.
- Friendly, warm, inclusive & welcoming nature.
- Open minded & non-judgemental towards foreign cultures, embrace diversity.
- Fluent in English, any nationalities and have the right to work in the UK during term time.
- Patient and understanding when speaking to students whose first language is not English.
- Happy to share local London knowledge and experience.
- 2nd or 3rd year London university students.
- Motivated & disciplined to attend the full 10-week programme.
What we offer:
- Fun working environment
- Expand your social network
- Get paid to attend fun activities with new people
What we ask:
- Warm and welcoming nature
- Embrace international cultures
- No experience required
- You should be registered as a university student
Are you looking for a part time job role? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Paid to have fun and make new friends.
- Free exciting activities.
- Meet people from international backgrounds and expand your social circle.
- Base pay: £8.50/hour.
- Bonus upon completion of 10-week programme.
- Please submit your CV & cover letter detailing your background, interests, experience and why you would be the perfect fit as a student guide.
- Successful applicants will be contacted to schedule a follow up interview.
- Education Level
- London, Westminster, City of London, City of London, London, London, London, London Borough of Lambeth
- Working hours per week
- 2 - 6
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job, Weekend
- Salary indication
£8.50 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Helping international students integrate into all aspects of London life
- Published at
- Profession Sub-category
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required