An IKEA co-worker’s main task is to maximise sales and profitability in his/her area of responsibility using knowledge of the IKEA product range, local market conditions and the needs of customers. No other position in the IKEA store is more hands-on in terms of customer contact. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world you will help to ensure the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that serves millions of satisfied customers each day.
- Maximising sales and profitability by ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, fully stocked and correctly priced. You also ensure your products are in perfect condition at all times.
- Being passionate about the products you sell and actively learning about their features and benefits. You then want to share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Actively approaching customers who you see need additional help, and advising them on the best solutions for their homes in order to sell more.
- Preparing your area of responsibility for stock replenishment and next day’s business.
- Understanding your department’s action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your manager.
- You are confident about approaching and talking to people in a polite and friendly manner.
- You are enthusiastic about working with others in a team.
- You have a flexible approach to work and are open to change.
- You have an interest in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- You can prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of your time.
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, University, Other
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Summer / Holiday Jobs, Full Time Jobs
- Type of Job
- Customer Service, Retail
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required