VSI is one of the leading international subtitling and dubbing companies, offering foreign-language versioning services, such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation. Having our head office in London’s West End, as well as dedicated facilities in the world’s major media hubs, enables us to provide world-class services to our extensive portfolio of clients, including some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate sectors.
As Junior IT Engineer, you will be working closely with the Senior IT Engineer and team to ensure the day-to-day running of the computer systems and improvement projects. You will have exposure to a host of technologies associated with a media company including VOIP, Aspera Faspex, VMWare, Microsoft server, Apple Macs, ProTools and NAS storage. A keen willingness to learn is essential to this hands-on role.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Help manage the IT support ticketing system and be the first port of call for our users
• Help maintain our core IT network infrastructure (comprising Mac OS X, Windows and Linux Servers
• Help to ensure the network is operational at all times and proactively identify potential problems
• Help to deliver an effective, resilient and responsive IT Infrastructure and Support service to the business
• Proactive approach to self-improvement and keeping up-to-date with IT technology
• Cloud experience is desirable
• An interest in scripting
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent literacy, organisational and communication skills
• Ability to identify and solve problems on your own or as part of a team
• Any relevant IT qualifications
• The ability to manage and prioritise your work load
Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic person to get involved, to help problem-solve and take on responsibilities as a team and autonomously. You will have the opportunity to build on your skills in IT with a wide range of technologies in the media industry.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and Cover letter.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free