Want to dip your toe into the travel industry? Travel The Unknown has an opening for a general intern immediately in Putney. We specialise in organising and running trips to places off the beaten track and really remote destinations. We run cultural tours, trekking trips, food tours, wildlife tours and much more. The position will involve hands-on experience of working in a small owner-managed travel company.
The tasks involved include the following:
- Preparing itineraries and trip documentation
- Sending out brochure packs
- Liaising with suppliers in various countries
- researching destinations and accommodation on the web
- Writing copy (content) for various projects including website, brochures, trip documents, advertisements and other print design
- Dealing with world-wide suppliers
- Working with Social Media and forums
- Following up with clients and potential clients on the phone and by email
- Keeping the website and documentation up-to-date
- Minimum Degree level qualification
- Be an excellent communicator in English (both in writing and verbal)
- Have a good eye for detail
- Be able to think for themselves and show initiative
- Have a willingness to learn new things and adapt to situations
- Hard worker, self-motivated, excellent organisational skills and be able to juggle competing priorities.
- Be available for a minimum of 6 weeks
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free