Website Intern will work with the Director & Archive Manager in designing and producing web and print content for the Commonwealth Fashion Council website. Help support overall look and feel of company’s visual aesthetic and brand by using already established templates and guidelines.
A web designer/developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of a website. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works and how it looks. They can also be involved with the maintenance and update of an existing site.
After establishing the target audience for a website and identifying the type of content it will host, a web designer/developer will:
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- Test the website and identify any technical problems
- Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
- Drawing up detailed website specifications
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Registering web domain names and organising the hosting of the website
- Presenting initial design ideas to Director and Founder
- Coding using a variety of software
- Working with different content management systems
- Search engine optimisation
- Proofreading content and making changes where necessary
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers
- Liaising with outside agencies
- Testing the website and report any technical issues
- Handing the completed website over to the client
- Researching current design trends
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
What we offer:
- We offer you the opportunity to work with an international company for an initial period of 6 months to gain valuable insight into the Council and its undertakings across the development of its web resources.
- The opportunity to be involved in an exciting time within the
- planning, development and execution phase of the website.
- The opportunity to join a voluntary based organisation that's concerned in
- providing Educational Resources to the Commonwealth nations.
- To become involved with a team of great minds in research.
- University Degree
- Previous experience in a similar role proferred
- That you're committed and open to make a difference to the lives of others by enriching your talent and generosity towards others.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Internship, Voluntary
- Type of Job
- Technical, ICT
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required