Manual Notetaker in London
Are you looking for a role that offers you the opportunity to work in some of the most historic institutions that London has to offer? Do you want to work flexible hours that suit your schedule? If so, we have the perfect role for you..
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting for manual note taker's to work with Students in the West London area.
We have students with disabilities/mental health conditions who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference. The role is to start September 2017.
As a student support worker you will attend various lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who due to their disability find it difficult to make notes for themselves.
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible handwritten notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
- You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Have neat handwriting able to present notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
- If you meet the above and would like a rewarding role that gives something back then please apply today.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours – you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata – perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £8.50 per hour – you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider – you're in safe hands
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
* Degree or Studying for a Degree.
* Happy, committed attitude.
- 8.50 - 10ph
- Working Hours
- Part time
- Type of Contract
- Casual Jobs, Summer / Holiday Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial, Secretary, Customer Service
- Education Level
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required