Buying Manager - Wimbledon, South West London
Our Buying department is at the forefront of our success. Not only is it one of our largest and fastest expanding departments, it influences every product in every store. From the way a product tastes to how the packaging looks to the final retail price, it all starts here.
What will you do?
- As an experienced Food Retail Buyer, you will be accountable for a group of products within the Lidl assortment
- Responsible for market observation and defining product ranges and qualities through conducting thorough Product Range Analysis
- Preparing, conducting and maintaining negotiations and contracts with national suppliers
- Defining and ongoing monitoring of product retail prices
- Maintaining ongoing communication and relationship management with suppliers
- Responsible for conception and implementation of category strategies
- Ensuring full availability of the products in your categories in all listed regions
- Managing the development of individual packaging and artwork for specified products
- Managing and maintaining close working relationships with the International Buying department
What will you need?
- A 2:1 degree in any discipline (business preferred)
- Previous Food Retail Buying experience
- A full UK Driving License
- A passion for food and trying new products, understanding that quality is the top priority
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently within a high pressured environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Strong numeracy skills
- Entrepreneurial flair with a talent for negotiating and networking at the highest levels
- The confidence to make important decisions and handle demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- A high degree of adaptability
- A strong team player
- Flexibility in regards to travel as you will be required to travel throughout the UK and occasional international travel
- German Language not essential but preferred
Where will you be based?
In our UK Head Office in Wimbledon, South West London. Your initial training could take you to various sites throughout the UK mainland and may also involve a trip to our International Head Office in Germany.
What do we offer?
- From £42,631 per annum + 10% London Weighting (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- Fully expensed company car including personal fuel
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities for quick progression to senior management and long term career prospects
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required