Region includes Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire.
What will you do?
- Develop, coach and inspire your team of Store Managers to fulfil their potential and ensure the stores are running smoothly and efficiently
- Manage all key cost control areas with your stores and provide direction to your management team to enable them to meet their KPI targets
- Problem solve on the spot and use your initiative to maintain great standards throughout
- Strive to create, retain and develop a strong and motivated management team
- Lead by example and encourage your store teams to always be the best they can be
- Drive sales and increase turnover in stores by making full use of promotional tools
- Identify personnel requirements through succession planning and develop high potential employees
- Provide HR management in all of your stores following company guidelines and procedures
- Recruit new employees and manage their expectations/training, as well as that of existing employees
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness, freshness, stock availability and customer service throughout your stores
- Maximise your own KPI targets to ensure deadlines and agreed standards are achieved
What will you need?
We are looking for professional Graduates who have developed a strong management style in their current role and are now looking for their next career challenge.
- Degree educated with a few years of full time work experience since graduation in a personnel management role with direct reports
- Ability to communicate with clarity and honesty, adapting your style for different people including employees, customers, colleagues and suppliers
- An enabling leadership style with the capability of developing and motivating others through leading by example
- Experience working with KPI’s with the ability to digest figures analytically, ensuring store and management targets are met
- Strong customer focus and exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Methodical approach, excellent time management skills and ability to ‘work smart’
- Ability to analyse a problem and implement the best possible solution
- Proactive, flexible approach and ability to take the initiative
- Strategic awareness to see the bigger picture
- Drive, motivation and willingness to challenge yourself
- Hold a full clean UK Driving Licence
What do we offer?
- £42,631 with the potential to earn up to £70,000*
- Fully expensed company car including private mileage - Audi A4 or A3
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent long-term career prospects
*Subject to experience and inclusive of 10% London Weighting (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required