IT Project Leader - Business Applications
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
We are looking for a project leader able to demonstrate true leadership in the delivery of IT projects to agreed deadlines, ensuring quality that brings real benefit and within the agreed budget.
As a key member of the Business Applications team at the UK Hub, the purpose of this role is to deliver projects across a range of technologies and business areas, including Trade Promotion Management, Field Sales, Retail, Business Planning and Forecasting, to support the continued growth of the L’Oréal brands. This is primarily in the UK and possibly Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a fast paced, multi-market environment on a broad portfolio of both domestic and international projects and to work closely with an active, collaborative business community to maximise the benefit that any application brings to L'Oréal.
· Deliver on time, on cost, projects of the highest quality.
• Participation in defining the business case, cost model and overall objectives of a project
• Effective Planning
• Excellent Communication, including animating Steering Groups with key stakeholders and publishing regular flash reports to keep all interested parties fully informed.
• Risk Management
• Vendor Selection and Contracts Preparation
· Ensure that all projects are properly resourced and supported by the business
• Business expectations converted into signed-off business requirements
• Project governance by the key decision makers
• Integration into the existing application landscape involving appropriate contacts
• Testing and training completed by key users who will provide on-going first line support
· Provide high quality support to the key users and hence to the wider business community.
• During and after the projects
• Ensure the correct transfer of knowledge to ensure quality of operation
• Manage the supplier relationship for the escalation of support calls.
To fill this position, we are looking for a strong team-player with excellent interpersonal skills. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to achieve results, negotiate effectively, and communicate confidently with a wide range of people at all levels of business. You should be able to lead a project team and ensure that your enthusiasm to succeed generates similar enthusiasm throughout the team. Additionally the preferred candidate will have the following skills:
What could L’Oréal offer me?
Select the region you’re interested in below and receive new suitable vacancies via email.