We’ve got a great opportunity for a Team Manager – Warehouse (Nightshift) to join the team at our Cutler Heights produce manufacturing site in Bradford. Reporting to the Warehouse Shift Manager, you will lead your team to...
We’ve got a great opportunity for a Team Manager – Warehouse (Nightshift) to join the team at our Cutler Heights produce manufacturing site in Bradford. Reporting to the Warehouse Shift Manager, you will lead your team to successfully deliver your area’s KPI’s and drive business performance.
Cutler Heights was Morrisons first produce manufacturing site and opened in 1976. We now produce over 100 million packs of fruit and vegetables per year. Our products are sold in every Morrisons store in the UK and we employ over 500 colleagues at site.
The warehouse department has two main functions – supporting production and functioning as a regional produce distribution centre. To support production we receive in raw material and packaging, issue raw materials to production lines, manage all waste, process finished goods and handle onward distribution to other depots. As a regional distribution centre we receive in finished goods from our own factory, other Morrisons factories and 3rd party suppliers. We then pick and distribute these goods overnight directly to 80 Morrisons stores across Yorkshire and the north of England.
Here at Morrisons our Team Managers role is to:
- Manage allocated areas of the warehouse operation.
- Be a presence on the shop floor and a first point of contact for colleagues.
- Be aware of performance targets for each area and drive performance to meet these targets.
- Manage the time and attendance of colleagues.
- Ensure health and safety is a priority within their area of responsibility.
- Manage the performance and behaviour of colleagues.
- Work closely with other areas and departments to ensure site targets and KPIs are met.
- Support the development of colleagues to improve their performance within their roles.
- Succession plan through the progression and multi-skilling of colleagues.
- Lead and support continuous improvement within the department.
- Cover the Shift Manager’s role in their absence.
This is a full time permanent position contracted at 42 hours per week working 12 hour night shifts on a 4-on-4-off pattern.
What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Team Manager?
- Management experience gained in a fast paced warehouse environment.
- The ability to deliver strong results through a team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes to improve operational performance.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage, motivate and develop teams with varying skill sets.
- The ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation and cross-functional teams through the application of effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
You may already know that Morrisons is the UK’s 4th largest supermarket. But did you know that we’re also the UK’s 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer?
Our offering is unique, as unlike other supermarkets, we source and process over 90% of the fresh food that we sell in store.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving 11 million customers across the UK over nearly 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Why Join Us?
We’ve a fantastic bunch of people who are at the top of their game in all kinds of fields. And in return for looking after our customers, we look after them with great rewards. Don’t just take our word for it, to hear from our colleagues about what life is really like at Morrisons.
We offer a competitive salary in line with current market rates. We also offer a fantastic benefits package which includes a 10% Morrisons discount, Colleague Bonus Scheme and a competitive pension. You’ll also have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as flexible benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Bradford - Cutler Heights
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required