Business Development Manager, Decleor
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
To provide quality, cost effective sales and service training which make a demonstrable contribution to the achievement of the Company’s strategy and supports improvements in the sales ability and performance of the sales staff for Decleor. Create and manage the Education strategy for Decleor ensuring high standards of teaching and education are the number priority.
- Direct and lead training team in the smooth implementation of delivery of all Decleor programs in Spa and Salon
- Develop the teaching styles and skills of Decleor education team
- Manage the education team schedules ensuring onsite strategy is maintained
- Develop Decleor education tools
- Create and manage the education curriculum providing training, development and progression from foundation to advanced level for therapists for Decleor
- Communicate and develop a strict set of brand standards, to deliver best in class customer service, ahead of our competition
- Work in partnership with Marketing to design and promote specific seasonal and new product training in line with wider marketing strategies and company targets
- To ensure that newly recruited Field Based Sales Staff are suitably equipped and motivated to make a significant contribution to the business for Decleor
- Design, develop, document and implement comprehensive annual sales training programs that support the sales objectives of the organisation
- Product knowledge and sales development: create programmes to gain competitor advantage by enhancing product knowledge
- To develop a sales training strategy which supports the delivery of company priorities and meets operational requirements, ensuring that the best commercial outcome is delivered
- To be responsible for delivering training to agreed KPI’s to ensure all targets are met and continuous improvements are made
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of training services offered
- Plan departmental/functional training budgets
- Must keep up to date with product trends and technical advancement in the beauty industry
- Willingly accepts additional responsibility and follows through to completion
- Makes independent decisions, partnering with Line Manager when necessary
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management
- Promotes teamwork, encourages participation and involvement, is self-motivated
- Anticipates problems and finds creative solutions
- Effectively plans and prioritises workload to maximise efficiency
- Proven track record in delivering results in a high energy environment
- Previous experience in a sales training environment
- Ability to prepare training materials and documentation
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the sales process
- Actively seeks to develop their own knowledge and skills
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focus
- Relationship management
- Drive for quality and excellence
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Innovation and initiative
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving and decision making
- Team working
- Technical and business knowledge
- Cultural understanding and awareness
- Ability to be pro-active, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Prepared to travel supporting the development of the education
- Ensures all Company property is being used efficiently in order to avoid unnecessary wastage.
- Is discreet about Company matters of a confidential nature
- Acts in a responsible and positive manner at all times
- To carry out and assist with any other reasonable request as required by L’Oreal
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development
- The above list is not exhaustive and provides an outline of your main responsibilities.
- Act & lead with human sensitivity
- Manage complexity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Interact effectively
- Sensitivity to the metier
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required