We are currently looking for an experienced Audit Business Partner to join a fast paced Audit team here at Thomas Cook Group. The key accountabilities are:
- Assist the Group Head of Audit in all aspects of audit operations to include strategic, financial and operational risk planning, delivery and reporting
- Undertake all aspects of audit planning to include initial communication with auditee, pre-fieldwork preparation, terms of reference, development of risk and control matrices
- Execute risk based approach to internal audit to include all aspects of on-site fieldwork, reporting of audit findings and conclusions and completion of audit / management reporting
- Complete audit working papers detailing results of testing, to support all findings and conclusions reached in audit work
- Communicate audit results and performance on all areas of work to the Group Head of Audit and other senior leaders of the business
- Communicate with senior management and track findings to ensure that control findings are understood and resolved in a timely fashion
- Perform post transaction reviews/audits and oversee audit resource teams
- Work jointly with the Business in developing recommendations and plans for remediation.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- A highly proficient, interpersonal communicator who can assist in devising and achieving practical solutions that benefit the organisation and who can express complex ideas in simple language
- A dynamic and inspirational person - an ambassador for Enterprise Risk & Audit across the organisation
- In depth understanding of business risk and controls
- In depth understanding of modern internal audit techniques
- A flexible pragmatist who gain understanding of the Thomas Cook Group strategy and structure very quickly
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree level qualification.
- Recently qualified internal audit and risk management practitioner (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA or other)
- Post qualification experience gained in practice and / or industry.
- Strong analytical and IT capability
In return for your valuable contribution to the business, you will receive …
- A competitive salary.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Exclusive last minute colleague deals with the opportunity to stay in 5* luxury at low cost expense.
- Attractive discounts on all of our Thomas Cook holidays
- Industry leading training
- Contributory pension.
- A ‘Mychoice’ flexible benefits package giving you the chance to create a benefits package to suit you, your family and your lifestyle!! For more information on this amazing package please visit our website
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required