Earn £9.75 per hour as a BID Recycling Ambassador in London
Voted one of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, First Mile is on a mission to turn London into one of the greenest cities in the world by enabling businesses to recycle easily.
As part of our work, we partner with Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) and street associations across London to deliver recycling schemes to their business members.
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic and fun Ambassador to talk to BID members and sign them up to use our services (often free and subsidised through the BID). The role will involve daily travel to BIDs all over London, you will gain expert knowledge on the area and be there to offer help and advice to potential customers.
This role will require you to work on average, one day a week. Your days are flexible so it is perfect to balance around studies or another job. (You may occasionally be asked to work more days during busy periods.)
- Visiting businesses (such as shops and offices) in BID areas and signing them up to receive a free recycling trial.
- Capturing high quality leads and find out key information such as current supplier and decision maker details.
- Being knowledgeable and understanding each BID's objectives with First Mile.
What we offer:
- You'll receive £9.75/hour (London Living Wage) from day one.
Total Flexibility – This role will require one working day/ week. You can choose when you want to work and manage your own hours.
- Thorough in-office training with additional training available on request.
- Occasional parties, lunches, and beers!
Passionate about the environment and business Excellent communication skills; ability to start up a conversation with a stranger Ability to use initiative and work independently Good organisational skillsGood sense of humour
- University education would be ideal but not essential
- Customer Service experience
- Confident, outgoing and personable
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University
- Type of Contract
- Casual Jobs
- Salary indication
- Responsible for
- Promotion Tasks
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required