Exciting and rewarding opportunity to support young people on a personal development programme, leading skills and experience enhancement.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a national initiative working to provide positive experiences for young people and their communities. Group Leaders will be responsible for a cohort of 15 young people aged 15-17 years old (school leavers) inspiring and motivating them across a 4 week programme. Successful candidates will supervise the group across two 4 night residentials and then help to plan and deliver a beneficial social action project for the following 2 weeks. You will be involved with a national initiative to shape young people and improve communities.
The summer National Citizen Service programme consists of:
- A 5 day (4 night) personal development residential in North Wales.
- A 5 day (4 night) social action residential in the local community.
- 2 youth led weeks of social action project planning & delivery that will benefit the local community.
- At least 30 hours of social action work.
All candidates must be dynamic team-players, capable of motivating and inspiring young people.
We have various start and end dates available during July and August 2018. Please see the job description for the specific dates.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The National Citizen Service Group Leader will be responsible for:
- Facilitating and leading a group of 15 young people.
- The health and safety and behaviour management of the group
- Pastorally caring for the group.
- Enhancing the young people's skills, confidence, personal and social development.
- Delivering sessions to the young people.
- Responsible for the guided reflection and learning of the young people.
- Knowledge of the National Citizen Service Programme.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Child Protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of the range issues relevant to and affecting young people and their participation in the programme, including equality and diversity.
- Experience of working with young people through your education, work or volunteering.
- Experience of work in residential settings. (desirable, but not essential)
- Supporting other young people or adults to undertake new experiences and reach their full potential
- Working to personal targets.
- Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to form relationships with young people.
- Ability to manage boundaries with young people
- Ability to use your initiative when working with young people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An empathetic approach.
What we offer
- The rates of pay are £1,720 for the 20 day contract
- Training development: first aid & safeguarding
- Fun working environment
- Leadership experience
- Free enchanced DBS check
- No degree required - interest in working with young people
- Experience of working with children & young people
To apply for this role please download a short application form from the Salford Foundation website.
- Education Level
- College, University, Other
- Type of Contract
- Summer / Holiday Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
£1720.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- A team of young people aged 15-17 years old
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required